The rope pushdown is a popular exercise in the fitness world. This exercise with the help of rope strengthens the arm muscles by targeting the triceps muscles. The rope pushdown is a regular exercise often performed by fitness enthusiasts for the back arm.
The exercise is done using a cable machine or resistance band. The cable machine, especially found in gyms, makes exercise easier. But when exercising at home, you can use resistance bands.
How to Do the Rope Pushdown Movement?
To do the rope triceps pushdown exercise, proper form is important. You can do it right by following the steps below:
- Grab the rope or hold the resistance band attached to the cable machine.
- Bend your arms parallel to your elbows and keep your elbows close to your body.
- Grasp both ends of the rope with palms facing out.
- Slowly lower your arms, keeping your elbows still.
- Raise your arms back up and return to the starting position.
Also, make sure to keep your elbows close to your body and your wrists straight as you do the movement. Avoid bending forward or swinging your arms during exercise. You can do this move with different variations. For example, you can work at different angles by doing it at different heights of the cable machine or resistance band.
Generally, it is recommended to do 10-15 repetitions per set. However, the number of sets and repetitions may vary depending on your exercise program and fitness level.fitnessdergisi.com
What Muscles Does the Rope Pushdown Work?
The rope triceps pushdown exercise is an exercise that targets the triceps muscles. The triceps is the muscle group on the back of the arm and plays a role in arm extension movements. Rope pushdown helps strengthen and grow the triceps muscles.
The movement consists of three heads of the triceps muscle group; long, aimed at the lateral and middle head. By working these muscle groups, you can develop your stronger and more defined back arm muscle.
You may be interested in: How to Make Preacher Curl? What Muscles Does It Develop?
What are the Benefits of Rope Triceps Pushdown?
The triceps rope pushdown movement provides many benefits. Some of them are:
- Strengthens and enlarges the triceps muscles.
- Strengthens arms and shoulders.
- Increases trunk stability.
- Thanks to its different variations, you can target different muscle groups.
- It increases your fitness level.