When stomach indigestion begins to be experienced frequently, the question of what causes indigestion in the stomach immediately comes to mind. Medically, indigestion is known as "dyspepsia". Indigestion, which can develop suddenly, makes it difficult for us to breathe together with bloating in the abdomen. In this article, we will answer the questions of what causes indigestion, indigestion symptoms in the stomach, what should be done to prevent indigestion, what are the foods that are good for indigestion.
What Causes Indigestion In The Stomach?
The problem of indigestion usually occurs when we eat a very fatty heavy meal or fast food. However, if you are experiencing indigestion very often, you should definitely consult a doctor. Because indigestion is caused by gastrointestinal disorders (reflux, gastritis) may be a symptom. However, stomach cancer, stomach ulcer, side effects of drugs used, pancreatic diseases also cause indigestion. One of these diseases could be the cause of your indigestion.
What Are the Symptoms of Indigestion?
The symptoms of indigestion are very similar to other gastrointestinal diseases. Indigestion is not a disease anyway. It is one of the symptoms of diseases such as reflux or gastritis.
- feeling bloated
- Burping, repeatedly burping after a meal, is a sign of indigestion.
- stomach ache
- Inability to go to the toilet
- Vomiting is a very rare symptom. Anyone experiencing this symptom should consult a doctor.
What to Do for Indigestion Problem in Stomach?
- Small meals should be preferred, as indigestion occurs especially when heavy meals are consumed. Thus, we will not tire our stomach too much.
- Another rule that prevents indigestion is to eat slowly.
- Lying down directly after meals also causes stomach indigestion.
- When you have indigestion, placing a hot water bottle on your stomach will alleviate your indigestion.
- Organize your feeding times and do not eat close to sleep. Eating before sleeping can cause indigestion.
- Exercise. Inactivity causes indigestion in our stomach.
- Consuming carbonated and high-sugar drinks causes bloating in the stomach, that is, indigestion.
- Excess alcohol and caffeine consumption cause indigestion in the stomach.
- In order to prevent indigestion in the stomach, you need to chew the food a lot.
- It is necessary to stay away from excessively oily and spicy foods.
- Probiotics ve fiber foods We must consume.
- It is necessary not to wear tight trousers that will disturb our stomach.
- Drink plenty of water to prevent indigestion. It is always better to drink 30 minutes before starting a meal, not immediately after or during a meal.
- Weight problems can also cause indigestion. Therefore, it is necessary to try to stay at the ideal weight.
- Apart from these, the stress you experience can also cause indigestion. Because stress is an event that affects the stomach. So be careful to stay away from stress.
- When you consume legumes, do not consume the first boiling water and pour it. If you consume the first juice of the legumes, it will cause indigestion.
What Foods Are Good for Stomach Indigestion?
When you have indigestion, you can relax a little more with foods that will be good for your indigestion. We list these foods below:
- Ginger, which is good for indigestion, helps indigestion as it stimulates enzymes that facilitate digestion. Consuming ginger, especially before eating a heavy meal, is good for indigestion. Ginger should be fresh, ground. You can use ginger as a tea by adding lemon juice, raw or by adding it to your food or drink.
- Baking soda is good for indigestion as it neutralizes stomach acid. However, using baking soda for indigestion (long-term) causes some health problems. It is only effective in the short term.
- One of the teas that is good for indigestion, chamomile tea reduces stomach acid. It is also good for sleep and anxiety and relaxes us.
- Apple cider vinegar is good for indigestion as it speeds up digestion.
- Due to the anesthol content of fennel, it shows an anti-inflammatory property in indigestion due to fatty meals. It also reduces indigestion.
- Cinnamon is especially good for digestion. It relieves bloating, gas and indigestion in the stomach.
- Yogurt relaxes the stomach and is good for digestion.
- Basil is a digestive herb that reduces gas. You can consume it as a tea or by adding dried basil to your meals. But you can get earlier results from tea consumption.
In summary, you can deal with indigestion problems in the stomach by considering what we said in the section "What is good for dyspepsia, what to do to prevent indigestion". It is necessary to understand the symptoms of indigestion dyspepsia and go to the doctor if the process takes a long time. In particular, we should pay attention to regular nutrition and avoid eating heavy meals close to sleep. If we do not pay attention to these, stomach indigestion will progress. Stay healthy and sports!
Last updated March 18, 2021