The hip thrust movement has become very popular in the fitness world in recent years. Hip thrust, which is an exercise frequently preferred by women who aim to lose weight and achieve a fit body, helps them get stronger by working their hip and leg muscles. Hip thrusts are often women's favorite fitness moves, as they help work the gluteus (buttocks) muscles efficiently. Because women can generally gain weight from their hips, hips and legs. The hip thrust movement is very effective in eliminating such problems and obtaining a stronger, tighter and fuller hip appearance. In this article, we explain in detail how to do hip thrust, which are the best hip thrust exercises.
How to Do the Hip Thrust Movement?
It is a fact that strong hips are an important factor in the performance of athletes. Therefore, hip thrust movement is very effective for sports activities such as strengthening the hips, running, jumping, jumping, sprinting, and athletics. Hip thrust is a resistance training technique that works the hip muscle with maximum effort. This technique focuses on the hip area and targets the gluteus muscles to strengthen them.
Hip thrust is an exercise that is usually done with a bar and weights. A bench is generally preferred as a working platform. While performing the movement, the lumbar region is laid on the bench and the feet are placed parallel to the floor. Then the hips are lifted to stretch the muscles and the muscles are stretched. As we said, all you need to do the hip thrust movement is a barbell and bench. You can do the hip thrust exercise correctly by following the steps below:
1. Place the barbell on your bench: Place your barbell next to your bench. You can place a pillow or towel in the middle of the barbell. This will help you relax when the barbell rests on your pelvis.
2. Remove the barbell: Lift the barbell and place it just above your pelvis. The barbell should be at the top of your legs, just below your hips.
3. Sit on your bench: Sit on your bench and place your feet away from the hall (bench). Your feet should be shoulder-width apart.
4. Grasp and control the barbell: Grasp the barbell using your hands and fingers. Place your hands just outside the barbell, palms facing each other. Make sure you keep the barbell safe and under control.
5. Raise your hips: After grasping the barbell, start by raising your hips. Slowly push your hips up so that your thighs and torso form a straight line.
6. Round trip: Once you reach the top of your hips, slowly lower back. This is considered one complete repetition. As you continue the exercise, make sure you do at least ten of each repetition.
7. Breath control: Remember to control your breathing while doing hip thrust. Exhale when you push your hips up and inhale when you lower them back.
8. Proceed at a slow pace: During the exercise, do the movements in a slow and controlled manner. By making uncontrolled movements, it increases your risk of injury.
9. Try derivatives as an alternative to exercise: Different alternatives of hip thrust vardır. For example, weightless hip thrust, one-legged hip thrust, sumo stance hip thrust. You can work your hip muscles from different angles by trying different varieties.
Working out the hip thrust with the right form will prevent any risk of injury. Using your body's natural strengthening system will provide more effective, more agile and more performance in your daily life, as well as the results you may notice when you develop your hips. As you make progress, you may want to consider increasing the weight and the number of reps.Fitness Magazine
What Muscles Are Worked in the Hip Thrust Movement?
Hip thrust is a very efficient type of exercise that targets muscle groups in the hip area. With this exercise, it is possible to work especially the buttocks muscles. In addition, hip thrust, which also works the waist, upper leg and abdominal muscles, has therefore become a preferred exercise in many sports branches.
In order for the hip thrust exercise to be effective, it is necessary to have the right technique and to do it in a concentrated manner. In addition to strengthening the hip muscles, hip thrust exercises also help shape the hip area. This exercise is also considered to be perhaps the best exercise that works the glutes maxius muscles. So which muscle groups does it work?
The hip thrust exercise works the gluteus maximus muscles as well as the hip muscles. These muscles help shape the hip area and strengthen the hip muscles. One of the biggest benefits of hip thrust exercises is that it activates the hip muscles and activates the muscles in this area.
Hip thrust exercises also work the lower back muscles. These are the muscles found around the spine. Performing the hip thrust exercise correctly activates the muscles in the lumbar region and helps with the hip movements, especially the muscles in the lower part.
Upper Leg Muscles
Hip thrust exercises are an exercise that also works the upper leg muscles. These muscles are the main muscles of the upper leg muscles and work together with the hip muscles to perform the movement. Hip thrust exercises help strengthen these muscle groups by working the upper leg muscles as well.
Hip thrust exercises are an exercise that also works the abdominal muscles. These are the muscles used to stabilize the trunk and support movements. Hip thrust exercises help strengthen the abdominal muscles by providing the balance of the body.
Hip thrust exercise is a very useful exercise that works the muscles in the hip area. With this exercise, the hip muscles are strengthened, the lower back muscles are activated, the upper leg muscles are worked and the abdominal muscles are also worked. Hip thrust exercises help athletes improve their performance by improving the overall balance and coordination of the body. Therefore, hip thrust exercises can be beneficial for athletes of all levels.
Types of Hip Thrust Exercises
1. Dumbbell Hip Thrust: Performing a hip thrust exercise using dumbbells causes the muscles to be subjected to more resistance. Therefore, it works the glutes muscles more. At the same time, the weight setting of the dumbbell can change flexibility, which can lead to better muscle development.
2. Barbell Hip Thrust: Doing hip thrusts using barbells provides higher resistance than other exercises. In this exercise, the barbell puts more pressure on the hip muscles and ensures optimal functioning of the muscles.
3. Single Leg Hip Thrust: Single leg hip thrust exercise is a type of hip thrust exercise performed on one leg. This exercise works the gluteus muscles more intensely, giving better results. At the same time, it requires more balance, coordination and stability.
4. Banded Hip Thrust: Also known as banded hip thrust, this variation provides extra resistance by using a band. This exercise makes the glutes muscles work harder and also activates the hip muscles more.
5. Hip Thrust with Pulse: Hip thrust with pulse exercise provides a more intense sport activity by making the movement more challenging. In this exercise, the movement is done for a longer period of time than the normal hip thrust, which puts more strain on the muscles.
6. Elevated Hip Thrust: Elevated hip thrust exercise is an exercise that helps to engage the hip muscles more. In this exercise, the feet are placed on a platform and the glutes apply more pressure. This exercise is an exercise that helps build compression in the hip area.
7. Reverse Hip Thrust: Reverse hip thrust exercise is a one-leg hip thrust exercise. This exercise allows the gluteus muscles to work better and also improves coordination.
8. Overhead Hip Thrust: The overhead hip thrust exercise is a challenging exercise because the mass is directed toward a greater place. This exercise makes the muscles work more intensely and also helps to strengthen the abdominal muscles.
9. Band Resisted Hip Thrust: Band resisted hip thrust is a hip thrust exercise that uses a band. This movement puts more pressure on the hip muscles and allows the muscles to develop faster and more effectively.
10. Hip Thrust with Knee Extension: Knee extension variation provides a joint to the basic hip thrust exercise, allowing extra muscles to participate in the movement. This exercise makes the hip muscles work harder and also strengthens the knee.
As a result, different variations of the hip thrust exercise provide different effects by working the gluteus muscles more. Choosing the best fit among these variations depends on one's preferences and fitness goals. Therefore, each type of hip thrust is a different technique that helps strengthen and develop the hip muscles.