Chest muscle pain creates a very diverse and painful process, from a sharp pain to a dull ache. Muscle pain in the chest usually progresses from the neck to the jaw and then to the arms. Many problems and diseases can cause chest pain. It indicates that serious problems such as heart and lung pains that endanger our lives may occur.
Chest Pain Symptoms
Although chest pains often appear to be associated with heart disease, they are said to occur in an asymptomatic and dangerous way. In general, life-threatening heart attack or another heart disease may present with chest discomfort. Muscle pain in the chest can be seen with the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- cold sweats
- Pain that disappears and comes back and has varying intensities
- A feeling of tightness with pressure in the chest
- Burning pain radiating to the back, neck, jaw, shoulder and both arms
İYou May Be Interested In: What Is Ferritin Height?
Chest Pain Due to Other Causes
It can sometimes be difficult to distinguish heart-related chest pain from chest pain due to other causes. In order to understand the pain caused by causes other than the heart, we must follow the symptoms of our body. The following symptoms indicate chest pains other than the heart:
- A form of pain that worsens or improves with body position
- Pain caused by deep breathing and intensifying
- Tenderness due to breast thrust
- Pain that lasts for hours but intermittently
In addition, if we have a painful burning sensation behind our breastbone, it easily shows us that we have a problem with our stomach.
Heart-Related Causes of Chest Muscle Pain
- Heart attack: It usually occurs with the blockage of the blood flow path that has gone to our heart muscles as a result of blood clotting.
- Angina, Chest Pain: Pain caused by poor blood flow to the heart is called angina pain. This is usually due to the buildup of thick plaques on the inner walls of the arteries that carry blood to the heart, blocking the blood flow path. Especially when doing vigorous sports or movement, there is pain because the blood flow path is narrowed as a result of high blood pumping.
- Aortic Dissection: This is a very life-threatening situation. It is the rupture of the aorta with the separation of the inner walls of the vessels coming from the aorta over time. It is a deadly problem.
- Pericarditis: It causes pain that occurs when the sac that surrounds our heart becomes inflamed and usually worsens and sharpens when we breathe.
- Indigestion: The fact that stomach acid reaches the esophagus (reflux) causes burning in the chest. This situation can increase with smoking, drinking alcohol or coffee, eating fatty foods.
Chest pain should not be taken lightly. Chest pain caused by heavy sports causes diseases that try to appear. That's why we should listen to our body and investigate the causes of chest pain. If muscle pain occurs in the chest after any sports activity;
- We should stop what we're doing and just sit down somewhere and rest.
- We should tell people close to us what our problem is.
- If you are taking medicine for heart pain, you should take your medicine.
- If your pain does not go away and gets worse, you should call an ambulance and seek help.