The Dukan diet was inspired by a former French doctor from an obese patient. The obese patient followed a plan by taking high protein with the Dukan diet list and staying away from carbohydrates and fats. Thus, the overweight patient aimed to lose weight quickly without experiencing hunger.
What is the Dukan Diet?
It is a type of high protein and low carbohydrate diet. The Dukan diet consists of four phases: Attack, Cruise, Consolidation and Stabilization. The diet aims to lose weight separately at each stage. When we look at the Dukan diet, 100 of 68 foods were chosen as "pure proteins" and 32 as "vegetables".
How To Do The Dukan Diet?
- Attack phase: The Dukan diet list contains foods that contain “pure proteins” in the first stage. Thus, we consume high amounts of protein and increase fat burning. Because it is thought that the metabolism will be accelerated with a protein diet by limiting carbohydrate and fat intake. People can lose weight because they cut carbohydrates during the attack phase. This phase takes 5-10 days and gives immediate results. If you choose this diet, you should definitely remove carbohydrates from your life. It is the diet phase that usually lasts a maximum of 1 week. According to how much weight you want to lose, you can extend or shorten this period.
- Cruising phase: Pure proteins are encouraged to eat without being removed from life, while the transition to carbohydrates begins gradually with vegetables. This phase should continue until the target weight is reached. You can eat lean protein one day and non-starchy vegetables the next. You can also choose oats as an alternative during this dukan diet period. It usually lasts close to 1 year and the target weight is kept constant. is studied.
- Consolidation phase: It is the stage that will last 5 days for each kilo lost in the first and second stages. For example, if you lost 5 kilos during the attack and cruising phase, this phase should last 25 days. Prohibited foods other than protein, such as fruit and dairy products, slowly enter our lives. In addition, at this stage, people who follow the dukan diet strictly are given the freedom to eat almost anything one day a week. Subject to certain restrictions, ancient foods slowly integrate with the dukan diet list.
- Stabilization phase: We can say that this phase is the “maintenance phase” of our diet. During this period, the person should not aim to gain or lose weight. They will spend one day of the week with completely protein foods as in the attack phase. In the Dukan diet, the stabilization phase takes place with our own will and stability. Usually, this stage turns into a very long and patient lifestyle.
You may be interested in: What is Mediterranean Diet?
Dukan Diet List Example
We can categorize the 100 foods on the list as follows;
- Red meat: Beef tenderloin, chops, bacon, ham, beef, pork
- Poultry: Chicken, liver, turkey, duck, quail, eggs
- Seafood: Trout, salmon, sardines, tuna, mackerel, lobster, squid, octopus, shrimp
- Cheese and dairy products: Fat-free cheese, non-fat cream cheese, cream, yogurt
- Vegetarian foods: Foods such as soy dishes, vegetarian burgers, tofu are counted.
Reviews of People Who Lose Weight with the Dukan Diet List
Those who lost weight generally lost a lot of weight and stated that they did not suffer from hunger. You can have the Dukan diet list prepared for you online with the help of special dietitians. The biggest examples of weight loss with high protein and low carbohydrate eating patterns are people who follow the dukan diet.
Is the Dukan Diet List Healthy?
First of all, every diet done unconsciously, every sport harms human health. That's why you should do every diet and exercise you do in consultation with an expert. Apart from this, the Dukan diet allows to lose weight and be vigorous when done consciously. However, most experts suggest that the kidney and heart are affected as a result of this diet. It is harmful when water is not consumed regularly, without following a diet, without doing sports and exercise. Many international health organizations express the Dukan diet as a situation that is contrary to human health. High protein diets cause some deficiencies in the body. In addition, it can cause serious diseases such as cancer and heart disease. Therefore, before making this diet, you should definitely research whether it is suitable for you.
Last updated August 20, 2021