The Covid-2019 epidemic, which started towards the end of 19, continues in 2021 without slowing down. In the first days of the new year, as a society, we expect good news about the vaccination processes in our country. However, experts find it difficult to say that even after general vaccination, that is, even after everyone is vaccinated, Covid-19 will disappear completely. Moreover, it is feared that the virus may undergo different mutations, as in the example in the UK. Considering all this, we need to be very careful about our diet, apart from mask, cleaning and distance rules during the pandemic period. For this reason, we have prepared our content titled Covid-19 nutrition recommendations for you about how we should eat during the pandemic period.
Covid-19 Nutrition Advice
Healthy and balanced nutrition is our first rule in Covid-19 nutrition recommendations. As we all know, doctors constantly emphasize the importance of a healthy and balanced diet, especially during this period. Therefore, we need to pay attention to the balance of protein, carbohydrate and fat intake, which are our nutritional macros, and pay attention to the foods we eat rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
During the pandemic period, it is very important to try to diversify the foods we get by making the most of fruit, vegetables, meat and dairy products. In addition, drinking enough water during this period is among the most important recommendations.
Below, we list which foods we should take and the Covid-19 nutrition recommendations for you. (These recommendations are also Covid-19 patient nutrition recommendations and apply to everyone.)
– Protein-rich foods such as eggs, fish (twice a week), chicken, red meat and oilseeds
– Alternative protein sources such as lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans, beans, cowpea
– Foods with high calcium, mineral and probiotic value such as milk, yogurt, ayran, cheese, kefir
– Complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat products, bulgur, oats, foods that balance insulin levels
– Vegetables high in vitamins and minerals such as leafy greens, cabbage, broccoli, spinach, radishes, artichokes, beets, carrots
– Grapefruit, kiwi, orange, tangerine rich in vitamin C, antioxidant source apple, quince, pineapple (pineapple diet (see also for more) and especially bananas high in potassium.
are the foods to be preferred.
3 Supplements Recommended by Doctors During the Pandemic Period
No matter how much we follow the Covid-19 nutritional recommendations, some of our vitamin values, such as vitamin D, may be low in our body. If these values are low, we may need to take it from outside as supplementary food.
In this period, we should pay more attention to taking vitamin D, vitamin C and Omega-19 supplements, which are 3 important supplements that help us strengthen our immunity, which doctors also say in Covid-3 patient nutrition recommendations.
We hope that Covid-19 and similar epidemics will disappear as soon as possible, never to occur again in human history. On this occasion, we wish you all a very healthy year without Covid-19.
Last updated January 10, 2021