Foods containing antioxidants In this article, we will tell you what antioxidants are and how they work. What does antioxidant mean? First of all, we should talk about free radicals. Free radicals are simply harmful molecules that we take into our bodies. In order to control and prevent free radicals, our body creates its own antioxidant mechanism. Therefore, the human body is responsible for maintaining a balance between free radicals and antioxidants. Oxidative stress occurs when this balance is disrupted by insufficient antioxidant intake. Our DNA and immunity are damaged, and the risk of cancer increases. That's why high foods containing antioxidants We need to prevent the proliferation of free radicals by consuming it.
Fight Free Radicals with Powerful Antioxidants
Irregular diet (unsaturated fats, sugary, processed foods), bad habits (smoking, alcohol) and environmental conditions (air pollution) cause free radical formation. Our defense system against free radicals in our body foods and foods containing antioxidants We need to strengthen it. Natural antioxidants that protect us from various diseases are mostly found in fruits and vegetables. Drinks such as green tea and coffee best sources of antioxidants It helps us to clear toxins from the body. such as vitamins E and C. most powerful antioxidant vitamins It keeps our immune system strong and protects us from diseases. Foods containing natural antioxidants are the most important sources of antioxidants.
The best antioxidant food sources It is very important to fight diseases by strengthening our health with We'll count a little later most powerful antioxidant foods It has been proven by research that many diseases such as heart, diabetes, Alzheimer's and cancer can be prevented with this medicine. Request antioxidant-rich foods!
Fruits and Vegetables with the Most Antioxidants
- As we mentioned above Vitamin C is the best antioxidant one of the sources. Therefore, vitamin C also strengthens the immune system. As foods containing high vitamin C, we can count vegetables and fruits such as brussels sprouts, spinach, broccoli, oranges, lemons, kiwi, strawberries, black grapes, blackberries, pomegranates, blueberries, tangerines.
- Vitamin E antioxidant of the primary sources. It ensures that all our organs, especially the heart, work regularly and that the skeletal and muscular system functions properly. Vitamin E for our skin and hair health strongest antioxidant its effect as has proven. It also takes part in immune strengthening and cell renewal. Foods rich in vitamin E are; almonds, hazelnuts, coconut oil, avocado oil, bananas, whole grain products.
- Glutathione It is one of the most important antioxidant sources that reduce oxidative stress in the body. The foods that increase glutathione are onions, garlic, turmeric and dark green vegetables, as well as vegetables such as cabbage and cauliflower.
- precursor of vitamin A beta carotene is a powerful antioxidant. However, it is very important for our skin and eye health. Beta carotene takes part in the development of the body and strengthens immunity. It also reduces the effect of ultraviolet rays. Foods containing beta carotene are; colorful fruits and vegetables such as carrots, apricots, broccoli, peaches, peas, chard and mango.
- Selenium antioxidant It has protective properties against bacteria and viruses. Foods such as eggs, brazil nut, fish, etc. contain high levels of selenium containing antioxidants.
- Powerful antioxidant zinc It strengthens the immune system and protects us from diseases such as colds. It is also an antioxidant that is involved in the treatment of these. The best sources of zinc; poultry, red meat, beans, nuts, oysters.
- Dark chocolate foods high in antioxidants is among. The higher the cocoa content of a chocolate, the higher the antioxidant level in the chocolate.
Don't Miss Antioxidants From Your Life
Consuming the above-mentioned foods in their seasons ensures that we get the best antioxidants in the most intense way. It is also possible to raise or lower antioxidant levels with cooking. For example, when the lycopene antioxidant in tomato is heat treated, it becomes more usable in our body. Cauliflower, zucchini, and peas, on the other hand, lose most of their antioxidants when cooked.
to summary foods containing antioxidants and we have conveyed detailed information about antioxidants to you. It is very important for us to keep our immunity strong, especially during the epidemic period. The way to keep our immunity strong is to consume the best antioxidant sources. Let our health always be our priority.